- Complex degrees and an unexpected comparative interpretation. With Junko Shimoyama. Poster presented at NELS 47, UMass, Oct 14 (pdf).
- Complex degrees and an unexpected comparative interpretation. With Junko Shimoyama. Talk given at the LAGB, York University, Sept 8 (pdf).
- Rule H Without Structural Parallelism. Talk given at the Syntax Reading Group at UCL, Feb 3 (pdf).
- Decomposing the Spanish Causative Reflexive Passive. Poster presented at WCCFL 33 (pdf).
- Condition B and the Quantifier Puzzle. Talk given at QMUL. Handout (pdf).
- The Binding Constraints as Constraints on Co-Indexation. Talk given at UMass Syntax Workshop. Handout (pdf).
- QR as an Agent of Vehicle Change. With Junko Shimoyama. Talk given at NELS 44, UConn. Handout (pdf).
- Dahl's Paradigm: In Defense of the Crossover Analysis. Poster presented at NELS 44, UConn. (pdf)
- Some purported problems for the Movement Theory of Control. With Norbert Hornstein. Pre-publication draft (pdf).
- The Case for Extraposition as Movement. Talk given in Kyle Johnson's and Brian Dillon's seminar on processing and rightward movement. UMass Amherst. Handout (pdf).
- Dahl's Paradigm: In defense of the crossover analysis. Original draft paper (pdf). More recent draft (pdf) [updated Nov 16 2014].
- Parallelism and Dahl's paradigm. McGill Linguistics Colloquium talk. (pdf).
- Binding and Ellipsis: Is a Traditional Theory Still Viable?. Talk given at the workshop Reference and Antecedence: How Far does the Grammar Reach?, University of Durham. (pdf). (This is pretty much the same as the talk above.)
- The Chain-Based Approach to Pronominal Antecedence. Talk given at Harvard. (pdf).
- Basquing in Minimalism (Review of ‘Of Minds and Language’). With Norbert Hornstein. (pdf).
Quantifier Scope in Single Output Syntax. Talk given at The Minimalist Program: Quo Vadis, Universität Potsdam, October 2011. Book chapter draft (pdf).
Reanalysis as Raising to Object. Paper co-authored with Dave Kush. (pdf).
(An older draft was previously available.)
The Ban on Rightward P-stranding is a Global Constraint. Draft snippet (pdf).
Merge over Move and Romance Obviation Effects. Talk given at the LSA, January 2011. Handout (pdf).
Reanalysis as Raising to Object. Talk given at the LSA, January 2011, with Dave Kush. Handout (pdf).
Minimalist Construal: Two Approaches to A and B. Article co-authored with Dave Kush and Norbert Hornstein. In The Oxford Handbook of Linguistic Minimalism, C. Boeckx (ed.), OUP, 396-426. (pdf), references (pdf).
(This early draft contains quite a few errors; I can supply a more recent PDF on request.)
Constraining Sideward Movement. Poster presented at “The Language Design” conference, Montréal 2010. (pdf).
An Argument for the Existence of Null DPs. Snippets 21. (pdf).
A Puzzle about P-Stranding and a Possible Solution. Squib co-authored with Norbert Hornstein and Howard Lasnik. Linguistic Inquiry 41:689-692. (pdf).
The Unity of Extraposition and the A/A' Distinction. Presented at CLS 2009. Handout (pdf); draft proceedings paper (pdf).
Reconstruction and English PPs. Presentation at ECO5 2008. Handout (pdf).
The Case of “of” insertion. With Dave Kush. 2007. (rtf).