- Adverbial comparatives as event modifiers. With Junko Shimoyama. Proceedings of NELS 47 (pdf).
- Rule H Without Structural Parallelism. Talk given at the Syntax Reading Group at UCL, Feb 3 (pdf).
- Decomposing the Spanish Causative Reflexive Passive. Proceedings of WCCFL 33 (pdf).
- Condition B and the Quantifier Puzzle. Talk given at QMUL. Handout (pdf).
- The Binding Constraints as Constraints on Co-Indexation. Talk given at UMass Syntax Workshop. Handout (pdf).
- QR as an Agent of Vehicle Change. With Junko Shimoyama. Talk given at NELS 44, UConn. Handout (pdf).
- Dahl's Paradigm: In Defense of the Crossover Analysis. Poster presented at NELS 44, UConn. (pdf)
- Some purported problems for the Movement Theory of Control. With Norbert Hornstein. Pre-publication draft (pdf).
- The Case for Extraposition as Movement. Talk given in Kyle Johnson's and Brian Dillon's seminar on processing and rightward movement. UMass Amherst. Handout (pdf).
- Dahl's Paradigm: In defense of the crossover analysis. Original draft paper (pdf). More recent draft (pdf) [updated Nov 16 2014].
- The Chain-Based Approach to Pronominal Antecedence. Talk given at Harvard. (pdf).
- Basquing in Minimalism (Review of ‘Of Minds and Language’). With Norbert Hornstein. (pdf).
Quantifier Scope in Single Output Syntax. Talk given at The Minimalist Program: Quo Vadis, Universität Potsdam, October 2011. Book chapter draft (pdf).
Reanalysis as Raising to Object. Paper co-authored with Dave Kush. (pdf).
The Ban on Rightward P-stranding is a Global Constraint. Draft snippet (pdf).
Merge over Move and Romance Obviation Effects. Talk given at the LSA, January 2011. Handout (pdf).
Minimalist Construal: Two Approaches to A and B. Article co-authored with Dave Kush and Norbert Hornstein. In The Oxford Handbook of Linguistic Minimalism, C. Boeckx (ed.), OUP, 396-426. (pdf), references (pdf).
(This early draft contains quite a few errors; I can supply a more recent PDF on request.)
Constraining Sideward Movement. Poster presented at “The Language Design” conference, Montréal 2010. (pdf).
An Argument for the Existence of Null DPs. Snippets 21. (pdf).
A Puzzle about P-Stranding and a Possible Solution. Squib co-authored with Norbert Hornstein and Howard Lasnik. Linguistic Inquiry 41:689-692. (pdf).
The Unity of Extraposition and the A/A' Distinction. Presented at CLS 2009. Handout (pdf); draft proceedings paper (pdf).
Reconstruction and English PPs. Presentation at ECO5 2008. Handout (pdf).
The Case of “of” insertion. With Dave Kush. 2007. (rtf).